We offer a number of ways for students to train at The Yard. We are equipped with multiple batting cages, video training technology, pitching mounds and lots of space to work on your skills. Depending on what you are looking to work on or the setting under which you would like to learn, there are a number of packages that will fit your needs.
- "The Yard Instructors bring not only energy and enthusiasm to the game, but first hand knowledge on the fundamentals of baseball and how to incorporate that information into action. I feel this information, with the quality of instruction, will enhance each players performance immensely!"Pat Casey, Head Coach Oregon State University – 2006 and 2007 National Champions
- loyal client
- happy customer
- Yopsum nec magna fermentum in pharetra orci mollis sit amet odio eu amet mauris ornare dapibus. Morbi pellen tesque vehicula nisi. Nam enim felis apibus egetras consec tetur augue emassa auctort id glavico to amet molestie lorem pulvinar odio eulos amet mauris ornare dapibus.08 – Miriam Vanilla
MEET THE INSTRUCTORS
Meet The Yard Staff
Chris played his college ball at Oregon State University from 1995 – 1998. During his time with the Beavers he was a 1st Team All Pac-10 Selection, a Second Team All-American Freshman, and a 5 time Pac-10 Pitcher of the Week. In 1997, Chris was invited to be a member of the USA Olympic Baseball Team.
After his junior season, Chris was selected by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 1998 MLB Amateur Player Draft. In 2001, he signed as a free agent with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Chris moved up a though the minor leagues and was on the verge of reaching the majors, when a second elbow injury in Triple-A cut his professional playing career short.
Since retiring, Chris has focused on training and developing young ballplayers, hoping that they can reach their goals.
Brandon began his collegiate career as a starting pitcher for the Mt. Hood Community College Saints during the 2003 and 2004 seasons. After his career at Mt. Hood, he went on to George Fox University where he became a 2-Time All League Pitcher for the Bruins during the 2005 and 2006 seasons. In 2006 he graduated from George Fox with a degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and Management.
After his career was over Brandon went on to become the Assistant Coach for the Bruins between 2007 – 2012. He is now a full time instructor at The Yard and hopes that he can bring the experience he has both playing and coaching collegiately to all the students of the academy.
Played college baseball at Mt. Hood CC and W. Oregon University
- All League Pitcher with Mt. Hood in 2000
- Won NWAACC Championship with Mt. Hood in 2000
- Played baseball in the MSBL after college for 8 seasons.
- Active in the USWC Taekwondo Association
- Instructor at the academy over the past 8 seasons
Mark played his collegiate baseball for the Chemeketa Community College Storm. During his time at Chemeketa he was named an All-NWAACC player both on the mound and in the field. He was set to attend Oregon State University as a two-way player, but was drafted by the San Francisco Giants in the 1997 MLB Amateur Player Draft.
In 2001, after a career unfortunately cut short by injury, he went back and finished his degree as well as began his coaching career.
Mark is now an instructor at the academy and is currently entering his second season as an Assistant Coach with Concordia University in Portland.
Paul, originally from Phoenix, Arizona, was a two year All-State Catcher at Brophy College Prep. After high school, he chose to head north to attent the University of Portland. During his time with the Pilots Paul was a three year Division I letterman as an catcher, outfielder, and designated hitter.
After his college career ended, Paul went on to runner numerous summer camps at Brophy Prep and worked as an assistant coach at Saguaro High School. Paul now lives in Portland and works as our lead catching instructor. He also works as a hitting instructor at the academy as well.
HOURS (DEC. – FEB.)
Sunday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
2:00pm – 8:30pm
Friday: 2:00pm – 6:00pm
Saturday: By Appt Only
5465 SW Western Ave. Ste H Beaverton, OR 97005